Last update: Version 1.04 – October 14, 2015
Flex Mag is the perfect combination of power and simplicity in a WordPress News & Magazine theme. Flex Mag does not require any coding knowledge and gives you the options and flexibility to put together the ultimate news site, but in a simple, straightforward way that doesn’t overwhelm you. Flex Mag comes with a custom Fly-Out Navigation, custom scoreboard, auto-load posts, 4 different pre-set skins, 9 different Featured Posts options, 8 different article templates, 700+ Google Fonts, and so much more!
More Key Features
Responsive design – Flex Mag adjusts its layout based on the device it is being viewed on. This means the theme’s content will be easy to read and easy to navigate whether it is being viewed on a desktop computer, a tablet, or a mobile device.
Retina Ready – The theme and its images look sharp and crisp on retina-ready devices!
Unlimited Ad Units – Flex Mag takes full advantage of available ad space to give you a myriad of options to place your ads. The ad units include a main leaderboard area with adjustable height and width that can accommodate any size ad, a similar leaderboard ad unit displayed below each post, an Ad Widget that can accommodate 300px wide ads of any height in the sidebar as well as any size leaderboard ad in the homepage widget area. Flex Mag also comes with dyanamic ad units within the homepage widgets that can accommodate 300px wide ads of any height.
Sticky Sidebars – Flex Mag comes with Theia Sticky Sidebar plugin ($18 value!) that allows your sidebar content to follow the visitor as they scroll down the page. This allows for longer visibility for ads and other important information that you want to keep in front of your visitors.
Drag-and-Drop Homepage – Create unlimited homepage layouts by dragging and dropping our custom widgets into the layout that gives your website the professional look and feel you are truly looking for.
8 Custom Widgets – Flex Mag gives you the flexibility and ease of use to display your content the way you want it without altering any code with our custom widgets.
Complete List of Features
- Compatible with WordPress 4.3
- SEO Optimized
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Translation ready (contains .po/.mo files)
- Child Theme ready
- Comes with XML dummy data (posts, tags, categories, menus, dummy images)
- Easy implementation with Google Adsense ads
- WordPress Featured Image support
- WordPress Custom Background support
- WordPress Custom Menu support
- Unlimited Colors
- Youtube, Vimeo, and Soundcloud integration
- Schema.org Rich Snippets
- Custom Fly-Out Navigation
- Woocommerce compatible
- bbPress compatible
- Infinite Scroll
- Custom Theme Options panel
- Custom CSS section in Theme Options so users will not lose custom changes to CSS when you update to a new version
- Full-Width Posts
- Facebook comments support
- Built-In Disqus comments support
- Optional homepage blog layout
- Free lifetime updates
- Easy logo customization
- 700+ Google Fonts
- Threaded comments
- Ability to turn Featured Image on posts on/off
- Ability to turn social buttons on posts on/off
- Optional Caption/Photo Credit below Featured Images in posts
- Custom copyright/footer text
- Custom favicon
- In-depth documentation
- And much more!
MVP Themes takes pride in its support! If you have any questions related to the setup of Flex Mag that are not covered by the theme documentation or if you run into any bugs with the theme, please submit a ticket at the MVP Themes Support Center.
Unfortunately, MVP Themes cannot perform customization work for each of our customers, so Flex Mag comes “as-is”. Any customization you would like to make to the theme outside of fixing bugs will need to be done by you or a third party.
v1.04 – October 14, 2015
- Adds ability to set universal default Post Template
- Adds ability to widgetize left sidebar on homepage
- Adds WhatsApp sharing button for tablet and mobile devices
- Removes gray background of leaderboard ad area when used next to logo in header
Affected files: /admin/theme-settings.php /js/autoloadposts.js /js/scripts.js content-partial.php functions.php page-home.php single.php style.css
v1.03 – October 7, 2015
- Adds Related Posts to bottom of articles
- Adds Featured Gallery Widget
- Fixes bug with navigation logo on iOS devices
- Fixes bug with Disqus popup window
Affected files: /admin/theme-settings.php /css/media-queries.css /widgets/widget-gallery.php comments-popup.php content-partial.php functions.php single.php style.css
v1.02.1 – October 2, 2015
- Adds option to place leaderboard above or below navigation
- Allows HTML in Photo Credit box in posts
- Fixes bug with navigation logo when scrolling up
Affected files: /admin/theme-settings.php /css/media-queries.css /js/scripts.js content-partial.php header.php single.php style.css
v1.02 – October 1, 2015
- Adds standard comments when Auto Load feature is enabled
- Adds 2 more logo locations
- Fixes Schema bug with headline and images on some articles
- Fixes bug with auto loaded posts on some devices
- Removes spacing in margins of Auto Loaded posts
Affected files: All
v1.01 – September 21, 2015
- Fixes bug with built-in Disqus feature
- Fixes bug with Auto-Load feature in Firefox
- Fixes bug with post header on articles
- Fixes bug with mobile menu selection
- Fixes bug with Instagram link in footer
- Fixes bug with Google Analytics tracking of Auto Load Posts
Affected files: All
High Resolution: Yes, Widget Ready: Yes, Compatible Browsers: IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Compatible With: WooCommerce 2.4.x, bbPress 2.5.x, Software Version: WordPress 4.3, Columns: 3Theme Preview
Flex Mag – Responsive WordPress News Theme